Friday, July 4, 2008

Berry time and the 4th of July!!


strawberry pie, originally uploaded by briemarie.

Every summer, my mom would bundle us up, drive to the Berry Farmer and we'd pick strawberries. They always taste best right after they are picked, so we'd always end up eating berries, instead of putting them in the carton! Rob and I went up to the Berry Farmer this past Sunday to pick strawberries with his mom and our niece, who ended up eating most of the berries that she picked. We joked that she should have weighed her before we started picking and then again afterwards to see how much she ate!

Picking strawberries and going to parades with my mom always reminds me of the summer. We would always hit the Witwen parade on the fourth and wait for the giant planes to fly by, I'm missing it this year, but I hope that everyone is enjoying their fourth of July celebrations!!

0 blog love:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP