Sunday, September 28, 2008

{wedding} aaron + kristin 9.20.2008

All right, it's been over a week and I haven't posted more than a tiny blip about my weddings from last week! I'd like to say that this past week has been super busy and that's my reason for the slackage, but I promise to pick it up from here on out.

Last saturday we had a super gorgeous wedding. I knew it would be a blast when I walked in on the girls getting ready and Kristin was just in her underclothes, looking gorgeous already I might add, and trying to decide on wearing the dress or just walking out like that. I suggested the veil to go along with her ensemble, but her dress was super fab (she bought it online!) and she decided to wear it. I knew that this wedding was going to be awesome when I saw that Amber Moon from Baraboo had done the flowers. I love how bright and colorful they are!

The wedding was at Saint Joe's in Baraboo, a huge cathedral of a building and it has so many places to get great images at. While Rob was capturing the bride before the ceremony, I went out to keep Aaron company, and we tried to figure out how many tires it takes to fill up their play area (if anyone knows, please let me know - the groomsmen were trying to figure it out all day!!). The ceremony was beautiful and then we had some time to kill before the reception, I love it when the bride and groom plan for extra time between things, it gives us time to really get some fun shots! The weather was perfect, blue sky with puffy little clouds and a little breeze, what more could you ask for on your wedding day?

They had a limo pick them up from the church, and headed downtown Baraboo for some partying, and then up to the Dells and finally to Trapper's Turn, a gorgeous golf course on the edge of the Dells with a fantastic reception area. The meal was amazing, let me tell you that our couples are always willing to let us eat with them and after this wedding it may be the reason that Rob shoots weddings now! There was Italian wedding soup, gorgeous salad (almost a crime to eat it, it was so pretty!) and the main course was bacon wrapped fillet mignon, the steak was so tender we could cut it with a butter knife! It's possible that was the best meal I have ever had dining out. Plus, the reason I shoot weddings, the wedding cake was gorgeous, more of the beautiful flowers and they had some great flavours like carrot cake, oh how amazing does all that sound?

Now, as if that wasn't all amazing, they had a band come in and play, Easy Street, and although we blew a circuit or breaker (have I ever mentioned that I'm not really that great with electronic stuff?) the party continued soon after and the reception was rocking. Check out the shot of Kristin's dad, he's an awesome dancer!

So, here are some teasers and a few of our favourites from the day:
Look at Aaron holding those flowers! He looks great in the bright colours.

Before the ceremony, Aaron kept checking the time as we were waiting for the bridal portraits to finish up.

Seriously, what a cool cake!


Oh yeah, he lifted her straight off the floor!


I think this may be one of my favourites of the day! Kristin totally rocked her dress and she looked like a princess.

While we were partying before the reception, Aaron was teasing the flowergirl, at least I'm sure that's what was happening ;) and she was hissing back at him like a cat. How sweet is this shot?

Look at how in love these two are! I love their expressions and how loving they were. It was little moments like this that really remind me of why I shoot weddings, I love to document the love that they feel for each other.

0 blog love:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP