Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{in love} Heather + Zack, downtown Dells

As I was blog stalking getting ready for Heather and Zack's GTKYS (Get to Know You Session), I began to believe that the light was better down under. There are a few other (ok, dozens) of photographers I love to peruse and their shots are full of this warm buttery light, so soft and ethereal. Boy, was I wrong.

On my drive to the Dells to meet up with Heather and Zack, I was falling in love with the light. It was so soft and buttery, you could almost spread it on a piece of toast. Delicious light. It only got better the longer we shot!

So, we met up at the River Walk and started out with some easy shots. Ya know, hand holding and walking. Rob and I love to just walk and chat, at least until something catches our eye and we stop to get some shots. ;)

Heather and Zack are both substitute teachers, awesome right? They met at University and I just love how Zack proposed! He told me the story as we headed from the River Walk and ticket station up to the Railroad station and the Just A Game fieldhouse, where we snapped some shots of the two of them playing a little b-ball.

From there, we drove over behind the mini golf course under the train trestles. I did get attacked by a pricker tree (don't worry, I'm fine) to get some super stealthy shots of the two of them. The first pic is my fav, btw.

As we finished up, Heather and Zack apologized for being so stiff. Are you kidding me? They totally rocked the shoot! Each little touch, showed their love, from just holding hands to standing with their foreheads together, they exuded love, it was amazing. We hardly had to pose them.









I so love love love love this one:

This is Zack's "what is that crazy photographer doing in the pricker bush?"

I love my job!

3 blog love:

Patricia Marie Tuesday, April 20, 2010  

I love the one where he is kissing her forehead too, so cute.

William Massey Wednesday, April 21, 2010  

I love the documentary style shots with OOF foreground elements. It really feels like an intimate candid!

matt shumate Thursday, April 22, 2010  

That's got to be my favorite parts of engagement sessions—catching a couple's interactions that they don't do on purpose.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP