Monday, June 1, 2009

{wedding} amanda + aaron - quarry arts building, madison, wi

Well, it's taken me since Amanda and Aaron's wedding, which was on May 9, until now to pick a few of my favourites for the blog post. Now that I figured that out, let me tell you about this awesome wedding:

Rob and I were a little worried when we woke up to cloudy grey skies and sprinkling rain, but the rain stopped and the sun slowly filtered through the clouds for Amanda and Aaron's rooftop ceremony at the amazing Quarry Arts Building in Madison. Seriously, the venue was amazing! Everything was laid out so perfectly, and turret towers - it was the coolest place for a wedding. Amanda looked gorgeous, her champagne colored dress was perfect, the ladies were all wearing the same shade of Christian Dior lipstick, and would you believe that they all rocked it completely different, you could not tell it was the same shade on all those beautiful women!

Mary, the officiant, did a wonderful job, allowing everyone at the ceremony to help fill Amanda and Aaron's grace account full of love. Although the wind picked up during the ceremony and Amanda's veil had a life of its own, it didn't distract from the moving vows that Amanda and Aaron wrote for each other. I don't think that there was a dry eye on the entire balcony after listening to what they wrote for each other, I know that my own were tearing up with the moving words that they spoke to one another. The ceremony concluded with a champagne toast on the rooftop.

Catering was done by Blue Plate Catering, and the food was amazing! It was so good that we were talking about it days later. I know that Rob and our assistant Amanda could not get enough, unfortunately my eating for two means that there is less room than before and baby takes up a lot, so stuffing myself was not an option.

What a night, though. There was dancing and partying, it was such a lively group, and everyone was full of love and laughter. I know that Rob got a lot of envious looks regarding his fedora, which later made the rounds.

This was the first wedding featuring our new engagement Guest book and we got so many compliments, of course I told everyone that it was Amanda and Aaron that totally rocked the book, it was full of shots of them! Love it! Plus, the people liked my new chucks, I may just wear those babies to every wedding because they are so darn comfy!

So, enough about me, take a look at these gorgeous shots:




Seriously sweet venue:

Amanda kept checking out the crowd before her cue to head out.



Isn't her ring gorgeous?

I don't know why, but I love this shot. There's just something about it that makes me feel all tingly inside.


Amanda and her dad during the father-daughter dance, it totally made me tear up!

And then Aaron and his mom totally rocked their own dance.


3 blog love:

Christine Wednesday, June 03, 2009  

These are beautiful! There are so many of them that I adore. Fantastic work!

Unknown Wednesday, June 03, 2009  

Super cute couple! You did a great job of capturing some truly sweet emotions. Congrats on the baby bump too!

Brie Wednesday, June 03, 2009  

Thank you both! The wedding was so much fun, and everyone was having a great time.

About This Blog

This blog is a journal of sorts, it catalogs our awesome clients along with our personal lives. We love to share what's going on in our lives, whether it's the most recent session or just a daily occurence. We are blessed to have some of the most awesome clients and friends, thank you.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP